Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber's tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber’s tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
The Van Buren County sheriff’s department says that 28-year-old Randall Hamilton and 46-year-old Peggy Hamilton are jailed on $1 million bonds after their arraignment Wednesday on torture and child abuse charges in South Haven District Court.
Their next hearing is Sept. 8. The Associated Press left messages Thursday seeking comment from their lawyers.
Sheriff Dale Gribler says Randall Hamilton is the boy’s mother’s boyfriend.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
Gribler says deputies found the malnourished boy walking on a road Tuesday, and he said he ran away from his Geneva Township home after being physically abused.
The sheriff says authorities also removed a 2-year-old boy from the home.