Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber's tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber’s tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
The Van Buren County sheriff’s department says that 28-year-old Randall Hamilton and 46-year-old Peggy Hamilton are jailed on $1 million bonds after their arraignment Wednesday on torture and child abuse charges in South Haven District Court.
Their next hearing is Sept. 8. The Associated Press left messages Thursday seeking comment from their lawyers.
Sheriff Dale Gribler says Randall Hamilton is the boy’s mother’s boyfriend.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
Gribler says deputies found the malnourished boy walking on a road Tuesday, and he said he ran away from his Geneva Township home after being physically abused.
The sheriff says authorities also removed a 2-year-old boy from the home.