Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber's tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
Authorities say a man and his mother used plumber’s tape to keep an 11-year-old boy restrained for several hours at a time at a southwestern Michigan home.
The Van Buren County sheriff’s department says that 28-year-old Randall Hamilton and 46-year-old Peggy Hamilton are jailed on $1 million bonds after their arraignment Wednesday on torture and child abuse charges in South Haven District Court.
Their next hearing is Sept. 8. The Associated Press left messages Thursday seeking comment from their lawyers.
Sheriff Dale Gribler says Randall Hamilton is the boy’s mother’s boyfriend.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Gribler says deputies found the malnourished boy walking on a road Tuesday, and he said he ran away from his Geneva Township home after being physically abused.
The sheriff says authorities also removed a 2-year-old boy from the home.