Police in Connecticut say they arrested a man who pulled out a rifle-like BB gun as President Barack Obama's motorcade passed by him.
Police in Connecticut say they arrested a man who pulled out a rifle-like BB gun as President Barack Obama’s motorcade passed by him.
Authorities say the man was pacing back and forth and then pulled out the gun Monday as the motorcade went by in Bloomfield while returning to Bradley International Airport, after the president gave a speech on gun control at the University of Hartford.
Bloomfield police have not released the man’s name or the charges against him.
Police say officers noticed the man acting suspiciously and took him into custody by force when he pulled out the gun.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
The man is expected to be arraigned in Hartford Superior Court on Tuesday.