SAN ANTONIO (AP) — An autopsy shows a man who killed one San Antonio police officer and wounded another had opiates in his body and a tattoo of a tombstone on his wrist reading “RIP COPS.”
The San Antonio Express-News reports the Bexar County medical examiner’s office released 34-year-old Andrew Bice’s autopsy Wednesday. Opiates found included codeine, morphine and one of heroin’s active ingredients.
Police say Bice opened fire on the officers in June as they approached to check his identification. Officer Miguel Moreno was fatally shot in the head. Officer Julio Cavazos recovered.
The autopsy says Bice died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was also shot in the buttocks, likely from return fire.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Seahawks, Titans stay in locker room during national anthem prior to Sunday's game in Tennessee WATCH
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
Bice had an extensive criminal record. His several tattoos included one with a clock and prison bars.
Information from: San Antonio Express-News, http://www.mysanantonio.com