LOS ANGELES (AP) — The FBI and police are asking for public help in identifying a man suspected of robbing banks in Los Angeles and New York City.
The FBI said Thursday that the “Coast to Coast Bandit” is linked to a robbery Monday at a Chase Bank branch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles and two robberies last month in New York.
In the most recent crime the robber presented a teller a note with threats involving a gun and knife. Witnesses described him as white with a possible sunburn and wearing a New York Yankees cap.
He also wore the Yankees cap in a March 13 robbery of a Chase Bank branch on 3rd Avenue in New York. The other New York robbery occurred March 9 at Santander Bank on 3rd Avenue.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Police: Man hurling racial slurs kills 2, injures 1 on train