LOS ANGELES (AP) — The FBI and police are asking for public help in identifying a man suspected of robbing banks in Los Angeles and New York City.
The FBI said Thursday that the “Coast to Coast Bandit” is linked to a robbery Monday at a Chase Bank branch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles and two robberies last month in New York.
In the most recent crime the robber presented a teller a note with threats involving a gun and knife. Witnesses described him as white with a possible sunburn and wearing a New York Yankees cap.
He also wore the Yankees cap in a March 13 robbery of a Chase Bank branch on 3rd Avenue in New York. The other New York robbery occurred March 9 at Santander Bank on 3rd Avenue.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher