HARVEY, Ill. (AP) — Police in suburban Chicago are searching for a 24-year-old man wanted in the fatal shooting of a security guard at a Canadian National Railway facility in suburban Chicago.
Harvey police officials said during a news conference Thursday they are looking for Rashad Williams of East Hazel Crest in the death of 38-year-old Tyrone Hardin of Merrillville, Indiana, on Saturday. A first-degree murder warrant has been issued.
Police say the shooting occurred while Williams was fleeing after allegedly stealing a car. Police say he also shot at a second person.
Hardin was a father of a 5-year-old and stepfather of four. Family said he was working a second job at the rail yard to earn money for Christmas.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
Harvey Police Deputy Chief Gregory Thomas appealed to Williams to turn himself in.