FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A southwest Florida man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for a murder-suicide plot that left his girlfriend and her two daughters dead.
The News-Press (https://goo.gl/Ok4XRe ) reports that 28-year-old Patrick Carlopoli was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty to six counts, including second-degree murder.
Authorities say Carlopoli and his girlfriend, 37-year-old Tammy Modlin, on Jan. 24 first killed the family’s dog at their Fort Myers apartment. Modlin then stabbed 16-year-old Montana Modlin, her daughter from a previous relationship. She then shot 3-year-old Jeanne Carlopoli, her daughter with Carlopoli.
Police say Carlopoli then shot Modlin, but instead of turning the gun on himself, he went outside and called 911.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Federal judge: ‘The citizens of Seattle are not going to pay blackmail for constitutional policing’
- Man shot at Seattle's Golden Gardens Park amid apparent gunfight
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- With city income tax, is Seattle the next Detroit? | Jon Talton
Information from: The (Fort Myers, Fla.) News-Press, http://www.news-press.com