FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A southwest Florida man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for a murder-suicide plot that left his girlfriend and her two daughters dead.
The News-Press (https://goo.gl/Ok4XRe ) reports that 28-year-old Patrick Carlopoli was sentenced Wednesday after pleading guilty to six counts, including second-degree murder.
Authorities say Carlopoli and his girlfriend, 37-year-old Tammy Modlin, on Jan. 24 first killed the family’s dog at their Fort Myers apartment. Modlin then stabbed 16-year-old Montana Modlin, her daughter from a previous relationship. She then shot 3-year-old Jeanne Carlopoli, her daughter with Carlopoli.
Police say Carlopoli then shot Modlin, but instead of turning the gun on himself, he went outside and called 911.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's newest apartments: 'prison cell' with no door for toilet
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- ‘A fairly messy situation’: 2-4 inches of snow could fall Thursday in Seattle area
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
Information from: The (Fort Myers, Fla.) News-Press, http://www.news-press.com