ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed at a Father’s Day barbecue attended by dozens of friends and family in upstate New York.
Forty-six-year-old Terrance Roberts was pronounced dead shortly after police responded to reports of gunshots Sunday afternoon. The Times Union of Albany reports that police say the shooting came after some sort of altercation.
Police declined to provide details about potential suspects, saying the investigation is ongoing.
Hours after the shooting, friends and family built a makeshift memorial for Roberts at the site of the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse