ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a man has been shot and killed at a Father’s Day barbecue attended by dozens of friends and family in upstate New York.
Forty-six-year-old Terrance Roberts was pronounced dead shortly after police responded to reports of gunshots Sunday afternoon. The Times Union of Albany reports that police say the shooting came after some sort of altercation.
Police declined to provide details about potential suspects, saying the investigation is ongoing.
Hours after the shooting, friends and family built a makeshift memorial for Roberts at the site of the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Police investigate Seattle officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker