The Yakima County sheriff's office says a 32-year-old man died after several shots were fired into a rural home west of Toppenish Saturday.
The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a 32-year-old man died after several shots were fired into a rural home west of Toppenish Saturday.
A 27-year-old Yakima man was arrested after a vehicle pursuit that ended miles later in Wapato. The suspect, who was not identified, was booked into Yakima County Jail on investigation of murder.
Investigators are searching for three other men who fled on foot from the vehicle.
The shooting happened at about 1:30 p.m. when deputies responded to reports of people shooting into a home. A woman and two small children who were in the home were not injured.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
A sheriff’s statement says the suspects are 17-year-old Carlos Johnathan Hernandez of Yakima, 18-year-old Martin Alvarez of Yakima and 25-year-old Luis Alberto Anguiano of Selah.