PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a Rhode Island man who streamed himself on Facebook Live driving 114 mph and weaving in and out of traffic was critically injured when he crashed into a garbage truck and a concrete barrier.
State police say 20-year-old Onasi Olio-Rojas, of Pawtucket, lost control Wednesday on U.S. Route 6 in Providence.
The video posted on Olio-Rojas’ Facebook page shows him driving 114 mph and weaving through traffic. Police confirmed its authenticity to WJAR-TV.
Police say Olio-Rojas hit the truck as it got on the highway, then crossed three lanes and hit the barrier.
Most Read Stories
- UW Huskies awarded No. 4 seed for College Football Playoff, to play No. 1 Alabama in Peach Bowl
- Once extinct in Washington, fishers return to Mount Rainier
- Seahawks’ Earl Thomas hints at retirement on Twitter after breaking bone in leg vs. Panthers
- Fancy a weekend jaunt? Seattle, Portland booms put I-5 drivers in a jam | FYI Guy
- Three rounds of lowland snow possible, starting Sunday night
Rescue crews extricated him from the car. He was in critical condition Thursday.
The truck driver wasn’t hurt.
Traffic was backed up for at least two hours.
Police are still investigating and might bring charges.