A man arrested twice in one week at Selena Gomez's house was charged Monday with felony stalking and violating a court order to stay away from the singer-actress.
A man arrested twice in one week at Selena Gomez’s house was charged Monday with felony stalking and violating a court order to stay away from the singer-actress.
Che Cruz, 20, pleaded not guilty to the charges Monday afternoon, and his bail was set at $160,000. He was arrested Friday after he returned to Gomez’s home just hours after he was released from jail in a case in which he was ordered to stay away from her.
The Los Angeles district attorney’s office said Cruz jumped the fence at Gomez’s home before his second arrest.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison. He is due back in court April 17.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Cruz was first arrested after breaking into Gomez’s guest home March 30, and he acknowledged in court Wednesday that he trespassed at her property. He was ordered to stay away from Gomez and her home, was put on probation, and was sent to jail for up to 45 days, but he was released two days later.
Within hours of his release, sheriff’s deputies re-arrested Cruz at Gomez’s home in Calabasas.
Gomez, the former “Wizards of Waverly Place” actress turned pop star, was at home when Cruz was arrested the first time after he broke into her guest house. It was unknown whether Gomez was home during Friday’s intrusion.
Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP .