CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 20-year-old man charged with aggravated murder in the fatal shooting of a teenage employee at an Ohio sandwich shop was free on bond for a burglary conviction at the time of the shooting and faced sentencing next week.
Cleveland Heights police on Wednesday said Cleveland Heights resident Daveion Perry has been charged with shooting 15-year-old Sunny Ravi Patel in the head before taking cash from a Mr. Hero sandwich shop Friday night. A judge set a $1 million bond Wednesday.
Perry’s attorney says Perry is “upset with what he did” but wouldn’t elaborate.
Police say Perry was arrested Sunday after officers spotted him entering a discount store wearing the same clothes he wore during Friday’s robbery and during a robbery Saturday at a Subway in University Heights.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say