NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man accused of murder in the shooting death of his 4-year-old son has made a brief court appearance.
Rayvon A. Messer wiped tears from his eyes as he sat shackled in a Norfolk courtroom Friday. A judge appointed an attorney for him and scheduled hearings to review his bail and the charges.
A group of family members sat behind Messer, some crying and telling him they loved him as he was led back to jail.
Rayvon A. Messer Jr. was found with a gunshot wound outside his father’s home Wednesday evening. His father faces a count of second-degree murder.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Despite 'good visit' with Colin Kaepernick, Seahawks may not be done in search for backup QB
- This Seattle bar just made Esquire’s ‘24 Best Bars in America'
Police have released few details. Desmond Sessoms, Messer’s stepfather, told The Associated Press that the 26-year-old loved his son and would never intentionally hurt the boy.