New York's LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
Ron Marsico of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport, says wires protruding from a fluorescent light fixture led someone to call authorities Tuesday morning. That prompted an evacuation of the upper level of the airport’s central terminal building.
The main terminal was partially evacuated at about 10:30 a.m. and reopened about an hour later.
New York City is on a heightened security alert as a precaution due to the Monday’s bombing at the Boston Marathon.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more