New York's LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
Ron Marsico of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport, says wires protruding from a fluorescent light fixture led someone to call authorities Tuesday morning. That prompted an evacuation of the upper level of the airport’s central terminal building.
The main terminal was partially evacuated at about 10:30 a.m. and reopened about an hour later.
New York City is on a heightened security alert as a precaution due to the Monday’s bombing at the Boston Marathon.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law