New York's LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
Ron Marsico of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport, says wires protruding from a fluorescent light fixture led someone to call authorities Tuesday morning. That prompted an evacuation of the upper level of the airport’s central terminal building.
The main terminal was partially evacuated at about 10:30 a.m. and reopened about an hour later.
New York City is on a heightened security alert as a precaution due to the Monday’s bombing at the Boston Marathon.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- What concussion testing did WSU QB Luke Falk have to go through? We ask WSU's team physician, Dr. Dennis Garcia