New York's LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
New York’s LaGuardia Airport is fully open again after part of it was evacuated following a report of suspicious wiring.
Ron Marsico of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport, says wires protruding from a fluorescent light fixture led someone to call authorities Tuesday morning. That prompted an evacuation of the upper level of the airport’s central terminal building.
The main terminal was partially evacuated at about 10:30 a.m. and reopened about an hour later.
New York City is on a heightened security alert as a precaution due to the Monday’s bombing at the Boston Marathon.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75