NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles romance “La La Land” has landed 12 nominations from the Critics’ Choice Awards, including best picture, best director for Damien Chazelle and nods for its stars, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
The Broadcast Film Critics Association, which presents the Critics’ Choice Awards, announced the nominations Thursday. Barry Jenkins’ coming-of-age drama “Moonlight” and Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi thriller “Arrival” followed with 10 nominations each.
The Critics’ Choice Awards are now in their 22nd year. Previously announced television nominations were led by FX’s “The People v. O.J. Simpson.”
Winners will be announced at a Dec. 11 gala hosted by actor T.J. Miller and broadcast on A&E.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future