NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles romance “La La Land” has landed 12 nominations from the Critics’ Choice Awards, including best picture, best director for Damien Chazelle and nods for its stars, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
The Broadcast Film Critics Association, which presents the Critics’ Choice Awards, announced the nominations Thursday. Barry Jenkins’ coming-of-age drama “Moonlight” and Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi thriller “Arrival” followed with 10 nominations each.
The Critics’ Choice Awards are now in their 22nd year. Previously announced television nominations were led by FX’s “The People v. O.J. Simpson.”
Winners will be announced at a Dec. 11 gala hosted by actor T.J. Miller and broadcast on A&E.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH