NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles romance “La La Land” has landed 12 nominations from the Critics’ Choice Awards, including best picture, best director for Damien Chazelle and nods for its stars, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling.
The Broadcast Film Critics Association, which presents the Critics’ Choice Awards, announced the nominations Thursday. Barry Jenkins’ coming-of-age drama “Moonlight” and Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi thriller “Arrival” followed with 10 nominations each.
The Critics’ Choice Awards are now in their 22nd year. Previously announced television nominations were led by FX’s “The People v. O.J. Simpson.”
Winners will be announced at a Dec. 11 gala hosted by actor T.J. Miller and broadcast on A&E.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket