Turkey's state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country's southeast.
Turkey’s state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country’s southeast.
TRT says on Friday that the rebels attacked a military outpost near the town of Eruh in Sirt province as the soldiers were breaking fast on Thursday evening.
The Turkish troops have been engaged in a major clash with Kurdish rebels, who are fighting for autonomy in the Kurdish-dominated southeast Turkey.
Ankara fears that the rebels are likely to use the civil war in Syria to set up bases in that country.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation