Turkey's state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country's southeast.
Turkey’s state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country’s southeast.
TRT says on Friday that the rebels attacked a military outpost near the town of Eruh in Sirt province as the soldiers were breaking fast on Thursday evening.
The Turkish troops have been engaged in a major clash with Kurdish rebels, who are fighting for autonomy in the Kurdish-dominated southeast Turkey.
Ankara fears that the rebels are likely to use the civil war in Syria to set up bases in that country.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- Survivor: Gunman spared 'lucky one' to give police message