Turkey's state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country's southeast.
Turkey’s state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country’s southeast.
TRT says on Friday that the rebels attacked a military outpost near the town of Eruh in Sirt province as the soldiers were breaking fast on Thursday evening.
The Turkish troops have been engaged in a major clash with Kurdish rebels, who are fighting for autonomy in the Kurdish-dominated southeast Turkey.
Ankara fears that the rebels are likely to use the civil war in Syria to set up bases in that country.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents