Turkey's state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country's southeast.
Turkey’s state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country’s southeast.
TRT says on Friday that the rebels attacked a military outpost near the town of Eruh in Sirt province as the soldiers were breaking fast on Thursday evening.
The Turkish troops have been engaged in a major clash with Kurdish rebels, who are fighting for autonomy in the Kurdish-dominated southeast Turkey.
Ankara fears that the rebels are likely to use the civil war in Syria to set up bases in that country.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall