Turkey's state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country's southeast.
Turkey’s state-run television says Kurdish rebels have killed one soldier and wounded 10 others in an attack in the country’s southeast.
TRT says on Friday that the rebels attacked a military outpost near the town of Eruh in Sirt province as the soldiers were breaking fast on Thursday evening.
The Turkish troops have been engaged in a major clash with Kurdish rebels, who are fighting for autonomy in the Kurdish-dominated southeast Turkey.
Ankara fears that the rebels are likely to use the civil war in Syria to set up bases in that country.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars