A rare security breach has been reported at the Tower of London, one of the British capital's most famous landmarks.
A rare security breach has been reported at the Tower of London, one of the British capital’s most famous landmarks.
Authorities say the Crown Jewels and other unique artifacts are safe but that locks had to be changed after an intruder broke in and stole some keys.
Officials said Monday the keys were stolen from a sentry box at the site. They would have provided access to the Tower’s drawbridges and some other areas.
Authorities say the keys were stolen last Tuesday and a police investigation into the theft is under way.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- $3.7 million in 3 months: I-405 tolls rake in more than 3 times expected income
Most Read Stories
A Historic Royal Palaces statement said security procedures had not been properly followed.
The Tower is guarded by Yeoman Warders, commonly known as Beefeaters.