Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE'-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE’-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
The 35-year-old who acted in the television series “Grey’s Anatomy” and in movies including “Knocked Up” and “27 Dresses” is seeking at least $6 million in damages. The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
A Duane Reade spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
The lawsuit says Heigl was recently photographed by paparazzi in New York City as she left a Duane Reade pharmacy. It says the company is exploiting the actress’ image for commercial gain despite her objection.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
The complaint says Heigl plans to donate any lawsuit proceeds to a charitable foundation that helps animals.