Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE'-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE’-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
The 35-year-old who acted in the television series “Grey’s Anatomy” and in movies including “Knocked Up” and “27 Dresses” is seeking at least $6 million in damages. The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
A Duane Reade spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
The lawsuit says Heigl was recently photographed by paparazzi in New York City as she left a Duane Reade pharmacy. It says the company is exploiting the actress’ image for commercial gain despite her objection.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
The complaint says Heigl plans to donate any lawsuit proceeds to a charitable foundation that helps animals.