Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE'-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE’-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
The 35-year-old who acted in the television series “Grey’s Anatomy” and in movies including “Knocked Up” and “27 Dresses” is seeking at least $6 million in damages. The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
A Duane Reade spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
The lawsuit says Heigl was recently photographed by paparazzi in New York City as she left a Duane Reade pharmacy. It says the company is exploiting the actress’ image for commercial gain despite her objection.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
Most Read Stories
The complaint says Heigl plans to donate any lawsuit proceeds to a charitable foundation that helps animals.