Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE'-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
Emmy-award winning actress Katherine Heigl (HEYE’-guhl) has sued Duane Reade Inc., saying the company is using a picture of her leaving one of its pharmacies in its promotional materials.
The 35-year-old who acted in the television series “Grey’s Anatomy” and in movies including “Knocked Up” and “27 Dresses” is seeking at least $6 million in damages. The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
A Duane Reade spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
The lawsuit says Heigl was recently photographed by paparazzi in New York City as she left a Duane Reade pharmacy. It says the company is exploiting the actress’ image for commercial gain despite her objection.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
The complaint says Heigl plans to donate any lawsuit proceeds to a charitable foundation that helps animals.