Afghanistan's president says he's ordering Afghan security forces to observe a cease-fire during the upcoming election day.
Afghanistan’s president says he’s ordering Afghan security forces to observe a cease-fire during the upcoming election day.
Hamid Karzai also demanded Taliban fighters not carry out violence during next Thursday’s vote.
Karzai made the comments during a regular radio address Thursday night.
He faces a field of around three dozen competitors for the presidency in the election.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012