Afghanistan's president says he's ordering Afghan security forces to observe a cease-fire during the upcoming election day.
Afghanistan’s president says he’s ordering Afghan security forces to observe a cease-fire during the upcoming election day.
Hamid Karzai also demanded Taliban fighters not carry out violence during next Thursday’s vote.
Karzai made the comments during a regular radio address Thursday night.
He faces a field of around three dozen competitors for the presidency in the election.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached