A Mississippi woman has been convicted of murder in connection to illicit silicone buttocks injections that led to a Georgia woman's death.
A Mississippi woman has been convicted of murder in connection to illicit silicone buttocks injections that led to a Georgia woman’s death.
The state attorney general’s office said in a statement that a jury deliberated about five hours Friday before finding Tracy Lynn Garner guilty of depraved-heart murder and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The murder conviction carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
Thirty-seven-year-old Atlanta-area resident Karima Gordon died eight days after receiving the injections in 2012.
Prosecutors said Gordon’s death was caused by injections that Garner administered. They said Gordon was referred to Gardner by Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer also known as Pebbelz Da Model. Stewart was convicted of manslaughter in February and is serving a seven-year prison sentence. The prosecution said Stewart told Gordon that Garner was a nurse.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination