A Mississippi woman has been convicted of murder in connection to illicit silicone buttocks injections that led to a Georgia woman's death.
A Mississippi woman has been convicted of murder in connection to illicit silicone buttocks injections that led to a Georgia woman’s death.
The state attorney general’s office said in a statement that a jury deliberated about five hours Friday before finding Tracy Lynn Garner guilty of depraved-heart murder and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The murder conviction carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.
Thirty-seven-year-old Atlanta-area resident Karima Gordon died eight days after receiving the injections in 2012.
Prosecutors said Gordon’s death was caused by injections that Garner administered. They said Gordon was referred to Gardner by Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer also known as Pebbelz Da Model. Stewart was convicted of manslaughter in February and is serving a seven-year prison sentence. The prosecution said Stewart told Gordon that Garner was a nurse.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say