CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — Joseph Gordon-Levitt has gotten a little roast along with his pudding.
In keeping with tradition, “The Walk” actor was feted and roasted as Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals Man of the Year on Friday.
The collegiate theatrical organization says it selected the 34-year-old Gordon-Levitt as its 2016 honoree because he’s a “talented actor” and “visionary entrepreneur.”
The actor as a kid played Tommy on “3rd Rock from the Sun.” He’ll portray Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone’s upcoming movie about the man who leaked classified National Security Agency documents.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
Gordon-Levitt also developed HitRecord.org, which helps people collaborate on creative projects.
Previous winners include Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford. Chris Pratt won last year.
“Scandal” actress Kerry Washington was honored as Woman of the Year last month.