Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico’s Pacific coast.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds had decreased early Friday to near 105 mph (165 kph). And the U.S. National Hurricane Center says Cristina is expected to weaken to a tropical storm on Saturday.
Cristina is centered about 325 miles (525 kilometers) west-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving northwest near 8 mph (13 kph).
In addition to weakening, Cristina’s forecast track shows it moving farther away from Mexico’s coast.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’