Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico’s Pacific coast.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds had decreased early Friday to near 105 mph (165 kph). And the U.S. National Hurricane Center says Cristina is expected to weaken to a tropical storm on Saturday.
Cristina is centered about 325 miles (525 kilometers) west-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving northwest near 8 mph (13 kph).
In addition to weakening, Cristina’s forecast track shows it moving farther away from Mexico’s coast.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind