Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico’s Pacific coast.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds had decreased early Friday to near 105 mph (165 kph). And the U.S. National Hurricane Center says Cristina is expected to weaken to a tropical storm on Saturday.
Cristina is centered about 325 miles (525 kilometers) west-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving northwest near 8 mph (13 kph).
In addition to weakening, Cristina’s forecast track shows it moving farther away from Mexico’s coast.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’