Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Hurricane Cristina has weakened to a Category 2 storm off Mexico’s Pacific coast.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds had decreased early Friday to near 105 mph (165 kph). And the U.S. National Hurricane Center says Cristina is expected to weaken to a tropical storm on Saturday.
Cristina is centered about 325 miles (525 kilometers) west-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving northwest near 8 mph (13 kph).
In addition to weakening, Cristina’s forecast track shows it moving farther away from Mexico’s coast.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement