Hurricane Cristina has strengthened to a major Category 3 storm off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Hurricane Cristina has strengthened to a major Category 3 storm off Mexico’s Pacific coast.
The hurricane’s maximum sustained winds increased to near 120 mph (195 kph) early Thursday. The U.S. National Hurricane Center says weakening is expected Friday.
Cristina is centered about 240 miles (390 kilometers) southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, and is moving west-northwest near 8 mph (13 kph).
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect, but forecasters say swells generated by the hurricane are affecting parts of Mexico’s southwest coast and could cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community