Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco's Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco’s Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
The National Park Service said a member of its beach patrol confirmed the report Sunday from a beachgoer.
Mark Powning, chief investigator of the San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office, told The San Francisco Chronicle the foot still had tissue attached but appears to have been in the sea for a while.
The foot was inside a size 11 1/2 green-and-black-mesh Puma running shoe.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery