Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco's Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco’s Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
The National Park Service said a member of its beach patrol confirmed the report Sunday from a beachgoer.
Mark Powning, chief investigator of the San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office, told The San Francisco Chronicle the foot still had tissue attached but appears to have been in the sea for a while.
The foot was inside a size 11 1/2 green-and-black-mesh Puma running shoe.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite