Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco's Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco’s Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
The National Park Service said a member of its beach patrol confirmed the report Sunday from a beachgoer.
Mark Powning, chief investigator of the San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office, told The San Francisco Chronicle the foot still had tissue attached but appears to have been in the sea for a while.
The foot was inside a size 11 1/2 green-and-black-mesh Puma running shoe.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace