Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco's Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
Authorities say a human foot in a running shoe has washed ashore on San Francisco’s Ocean Beach with no sign of the rest of the body.
The National Park Service said a member of its beach patrol confirmed the report Sunday from a beachgoer.
Mark Powning, chief investigator of the San Francisco Medical Examiner’s Office, told The San Francisco Chronicle the foot still had tissue attached but appears to have been in the sea for a while.
The foot was inside a size 11 1/2 green-and-black-mesh Puma running shoe.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections