Herman "Hy" Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won't quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Herman “Hy” Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won’t quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Goldman still shows up four days a week at light fixtures company Capitol Lighting in East Hanover. His co-workers celebrated his birthday with him on Monday.
Aside from a brief absence to serve in the U.S. Army in World War II, Goldman has worked at Capitol Lighting since 1941. The store says he was first hired to sell items and stock and clean the displays.
Co-worker Sandy Ronco says Goldman now specializes in rebuilding items that were damaged or unusable.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
Goldman lives in nearby Whippany and still drives himself to work.