Herman "Hy" Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won't quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Herman “Hy” Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won’t quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Goldman still shows up four days a week at light fixtures company Capitol Lighting in East Hanover. His co-workers celebrated his birthday with him on Monday.
Aside from a brief absence to serve in the U.S. Army in World War II, Goldman has worked at Capitol Lighting since 1941. The store says he was first hired to sell items and stock and clean the displays.
Co-worker Sandy Ronco says Goldman now specializes in rebuilding items that were damaged or unusable.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
Goldman lives in nearby Whippany and still drives himself to work.