Herman "Hy" Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won't quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Herman “Hy” Goldman turned 101 this weekend and won’t quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.
Goldman still shows up four days a week at light fixtures company Capitol Lighting in East Hanover. His co-workers celebrated his birthday with him on Monday.
Aside from a brief absence to serve in the U.S. Army in World War II, Goldman has worked at Capitol Lighting since 1941. The store says he was first hired to sell items and stock and clean the displays.
Co-worker Sandy Ronco says Goldman now specializes in rebuilding items that were damaged or unusable.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Goldman lives in nearby Whippany and still drives himself to work.