QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani police say gunmen have ambushed a navy vehicle, killing two navy men and wounding three others in the southwestern coastal town of Jiwani.
Police official Abdul Hakim says the attackers opened fire on the vehicle late Monday before fleeing the scene.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack in Baluchistan province. The province, which borders Iran and Afghanistan, is home to a low-level separatist insurgency and has also seen attacks by Islamic extremists.
No one immediately claimed Monday’s attack.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- This type of firework disfigures people more than any other, UW study shows