QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani police say gunmen have ambushed a navy vehicle, killing two navy men and wounding three others in the southwestern coastal town of Jiwani.
Police official Abdul Hakim says the attackers opened fire on the vehicle late Monday before fleeing the scene.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack in Baluchistan province. The province, which borders Iran and Afghanistan, is home to a low-level separatist insurgency and has also seen attacks by Islamic extremists.
No one immediately claimed Monday’s attack.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues