BERLIN (AP) — Police said a man who showed up with a firearm at a high school in southwestern Germany on Monday was still on the loose because they initially arrested the wrong man.
Police tweeted that the man they arrested was let go again and that the suspect had probably fled on a motor bike.
Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch said the suspect didn’t use his weapon and nobody was hurt when he briefly showed up inside the school building in Esslingen, near Stuttgart.
The Friedrich Ebert School was under a security lockdown Monday and all students had to stay inside their classrooms while officers searched the building.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
Police described the suspect on Twitter as wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and reading glasses..