BERLIN (AP) — Police said a man who showed up with a firearm at a high school in southwestern Germany on Monday was still on the loose because they initially arrested the wrong man.
Police tweeted that the man they arrested was let go again and that the suspect had probably fled on a motor bike.
Police spokesman Bjoern Reusch said the suspect didn’t use his weapon and nobody was hurt when he briefly showed up inside the school building in Esslingen, near Stuttgart.
The Friedrich Ebert School was under a security lockdown Monday and all students had to stay inside their classrooms while officers searched the building.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
Police described the suspect on Twitter as wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and reading glasses..