MACON, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia sheriff says a burglar accidentally shot and killed his partner when they got caught in the middle of the crime.
WMAZ-TV reports that Bibb County Sheriff David Davis says a woman woke up Monday morning to find the two men having broken into her East Macon home, 88 miles (141.62 kilometers) southeast of metro Atlanta. When she yelled, the men ran out. But Davis says one of the men fired a shot over his shoulder.
Instead of hitting the woman, Davis says, the burglar hit the other burglar in the head.
The man who was shot to death was identified by the coroner’s office as 41-year-old James Robert Young. Young was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
Authorities haven’t identified the second man who fled the home.
Information from: WMAZ-TV, http://www.wmaz.com/