LONDON (AP) — Actor George Clooney has startled an 87-year-old fan in Britain by showing up at her assisted-living facility with flowers and a card to wish her a happy birthday.
The 55-year-old popped in for a chat and a picture with admirer Pat Adams on Sunday at the Sunrise of Sonning Retirement and Assisted Living Facility in Reading. Linda Jones, a worker there, posted a picture of herself and the beaming pair on Facebook.
Jones wrote: “The lady in the picture, loves George Clooney and mentions everyday how she would love him to meet him, especially as he lives so near to where I work.”
A letter was sent to Clooney asking if he could make a “dream to come true.”
Most Read Stories
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump VIEW
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Here's where the Seahawks stand in free agency
Clooney owns a home near the facility in Berkshire.