NEW YORK (AP) — A foundation affiliated with the Fire Department of New York is raising money for the daughter of the firefighter killed in a five-story fall.
The FDNY Foundation has set up an educational fund for 8-year-old Isabella Tolley (TOH’-lee).
Her father, 42-year-old William Tolley, of Bethpage, Long Island, was killed Thursday while battling a fire in Queens.
Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro (NY’-groh) says Tolley’s death is a “terrible tragedy for the department.”
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
- Seattle’s newcomers vs. longtime residents: At least we both like the Seahawks
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- 12 Tully’s Coffee locations at Boeing to close, with each side blaming the other
It’s among several recent losses at the FDNY.
In September, a fire battalion chief was killed while responding to an explosion at a marijuana grow house in the Bronx.
Last month, an FDNY emergency medical worker was struck and killed by her own ambulance after the vehicle was stolen.