A woman working out at a Manhattan fitness center suffered cuts from shards of glass after a piece of construction equipment crashed through the gym's fourth-floor window.
A woman working out at a Manhattan fitness center suffered cuts from shards of glass after a piece of construction equipment crashed through the gym’s fourth-floor window.
The freak accident Wednesday prompted temporary suspension of construction of the controversial Marine Transfer Station on the Upper East Side.
Robin Cocking says she was exercising at Asphalt Green when the jack hammer chisel came crashing through the window around 9 a.m.
Cocking, who works at the gym, escaped with minor cuts.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
Most Read Stories
Rep. Carolyn Maloney called for a halt to the construction until safety at the work site could be improved.
The city’s Department of Design and Construction, which is overseeing the work, says it’s conducting an investigation.