A woman working out at a Manhattan fitness center suffered cuts from shards of glass after a piece of construction equipment crashed through the gym's fourth-floor window.
A woman working out at a Manhattan fitness center suffered cuts from shards of glass after a piece of construction equipment crashed through the gym’s fourth-floor window.
The freak accident Wednesday prompted temporary suspension of construction of the controversial Marine Transfer Station on the Upper East Side.
Robin Cocking says she was exercising at Asphalt Green when the jack hammer chisel came crashing through the window around 9 a.m.
Cocking, who works at the gym, escaped with minor cuts.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Rep. Carolyn Maloney called for a halt to the construction until safety at the work site could be improved.
The city’s Department of Design and Construction, which is overseeing the work, says it’s conducting an investigation.