BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman says she was driving home in Boca Raton when she saw a sport utility vehicle slow down and someone pushed an emaciated Dalmatian out of the passenger window.
Lisa Gabrielle tells local news outlets the dog chased after the SUV. But she stopped and ran after the dog. The 23-year-old took the dog home with her.
On Sunday, Gabrielle took the dog to the Tri-County Animal Rescue. Suzi Goldsmith, the group’s co-founder and CEO, says the dog is “pathetically thin and malnourished.”
Goldsmith says the dog didn’t have a chip or a tag on his beige collar. She believes he’s about a year old and has had some training because he knows how to sit. She reported the incident to Boca Raton police.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Latest study: Seattle’s wage law lifted restaurant pay without shrinking jobs
- 90 degrees?! Heat wave expected in Seattle this weekend
- Seattle police transcript of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles: 'I don't have a Taser' WATCH