FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — About 100 passengers and employees were evacuated from a Florida airport after a natural gas leak in a restaurant.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport spokesman Greg Meyer said in a Sun Sentinel report that two concourses in Terminal 3 were evacuated early Sunday.
Meyer said the closure lasted about an hour.
Meyer said the gas leak came from a restaurant in one of the concourses. Broward County authorities were investigating what caused the leak.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Seattle rental applicants' criminal histories virtually off-limits under new law
- Projecting the Seahawks' 53-man roster following the rout of the Chargers
All restaurants in the terminal reopened when passengers were allowed to return.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/