Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
Regional police responded to the flight at around 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
Police say the passengers were reportedly acting disruptive and had “made comments that were concerning to passengers and also the pilot.” Police did not give additional details.
The plane was escorted by two military fighter jets dispatched by the North American Aerospace Defense Command back to Pearson and the two women were taken into custody.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
No charges have been filed and police say the investigation is ongoing.