Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
Regional police responded to the flight at around 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
Police say the passengers were reportedly acting disruptive and had “made comments that were concerning to passengers and also the pilot.” Police did not give additional details.
The plane was escorted by two military fighter jets dispatched by the North American Aerospace Defense Command back to Pearson and the two women were taken into custody.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
No charges have been filed and police say the investigation is ongoing.