Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
Police say two women are in custody after a Sunwing flight bound for Cuba was forced to turn back to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
Regional police responded to the flight at around 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
Police say the passengers were reportedly acting disruptive and had “made comments that were concerning to passengers and also the pilot.” Police did not give additional details.
The plane was escorted by two military fighter jets dispatched by the North American Aerospace Defense Command back to Pearson and the two women were taken into custody.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
Most Read Stories
No charges have been filed and police say the investigation is ongoing.