Authorities say a 3-year-old Florida boy has died after shooting himself with a gun he found in his uncle's backpack.
Authorities say a 3-year-old Florida boy has died after shooting himself with a gun he found in his uncle’s backpack.
The shooting happened Tuesday night in a bedroom Jadarrius Speights shared with his uncle at an apartment complex in Tampa. Authorities say the uncle, 29-year-old Jeffrey D. Walker, has been charged with culpable negligence.
It wasn’t immediately clear whether Walker had an attorney. His phone number was not listed and jail records didn’t give a lawyer for him.
Police say he has a concealed weapons permit.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
Hillsborough County sheriff’s spokeswoman Debbie Carter says the uncle was not in the room when the shooting happened, but the child’s parents were there. The boy was taken to a hospital where he died.