WARRENTON, Ore. (AP) — The Coast Guard says a commercial fishing boat has sunk and is leaking fuel at a marina in northwestern Oregon, near the mouth of the Columbia River.
The agency says it received word at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday that the 43-foot Western Skies was partially submerged at the Warrenton Marina. It’s unclear how much fuel was on board, but the vessel was leaking diesel fuel.
Marina workers deployed oil containment boom around the boat, and diving and salvage crews are responding.
The Coast Guard said it has been unable to contact the vessel’s owner. The agency said that apparently no one was on board when it sank.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH