FIFA is claiming two Twitter records for Germany's stunning 7-1 win over Brazil in the World Cup semifinals.
FIFA is claiming two Twitter records for Germany’s stunning 7-1 win over Brazil in the World Cup semifinals.
FIFA says there were 35.6 million Twitter posts about the game on Tuesday, making it the most tweeted sports event.
FIFA says the previous record was 24.9 million posts for the Super Bowl in February. Then, the Seattle Seahawks won 43-8 against the Denver Broncos.
FIFA also claims a record for most Twitter messages about a subject or incident in a single minute.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
A total of 580,166 tweets about the game were recorded in the minute after Germany took a 5-0 lead. Sami Khedira’s goal was scored at 5:29 p.m. local time in Belo Horizonte (4:29 p.m. EDT/2029 GMT).