Federal authorities are investigating after a Boeing 747 on approach to Atlanta's airport lost parts from its right wing that landed on a woman's house.
Federal authorities are investigating after a Boeing 747 on approach to Atlanta’s airport lost parts from its right wing that landed on a woman’s house.
The Federal Aviation Administration said Thursday the China Airlines flight landed safely at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport after Sunday’s incident. No injuries were reported.
Clayton County homeowner Pamela Ware told Atlanta station WSB-TV (http://bit.ly/16a9TRH) that she’s thankful she survived after part of the wing hit her house Sunday afternoon.
The TV station reports another piece of the plane landed in front of a Wal-Mart a few miles away.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
Information from: WSB-TV, http://www.wsbtv.com/index.html