PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A convicted bank robber paroled in 2011 is under arrest again, charged with carrying out a new string of holdups in the Philadelphia area as the man dubbed the “Straw Hat Bandit.”
The FBI arrested 57-year-old Richard Boyle on Thursday on charges he committed 11 bank robberies from 2012 through 2016. The first occurred less than a year after Boyle got out of prison.
The FBI says Boyle wore disguises during the stickups, including a straw hat and mask.
He’s accused of brandishing a handgun in nearly all the robberies, netting nearly a half-million dollars.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
It was unclear whether he has a lawyer. A message left at his photography business wasn’t returned.
The Intelligencer newspaper in Doylestown reports Boyle was in prison on a parole violation when he was arrested.