PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A convicted bank robber paroled in 2011 is under arrest again, charged with carrying out a new string of holdups in the Philadelphia area as the man dubbed the “Straw Hat Bandit.”
The FBI arrested 57-year-old Richard Boyle on Thursday on charges he committed 11 bank robberies from 2012 through 2016. The first occurred less than a year after Boyle got out of prison.
The FBI says Boyle wore disguises during the stickups, including a straw hat and mask.
He’s accused of brandishing a handgun in nearly all the robberies, netting nearly a half-million dollars.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the first round
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn
It was unclear whether he has a lawyer. A message left at his photography business wasn’t returned.
The Intelligencer newspaper in Doylestown reports Boyle was in prison on a parole violation when he was arrested.