Colorado family that’s been trying for weeks to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
AURORA, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado family that’s been trying to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
Aurora Animal Control picked up the Abbato family pet last month after it escaped from the yard. Officials classified the animal, named Capone, as being part wolf and refused to return him to the family.
But Tracy Abbato told Denver station KDVR-TV that tests showed their pet doesn’t have any wolf in him.
The animal has been held for weeks and will have to wait at least a few days longer before going home. A court hearing in the case is scheduled for Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- What was that glowing orb that Trump touched in Saudi Arabia?
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
Information from: KDVR-TV, http://www.kdvr.com