Colorado family that’s been trying for weeks to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
AURORA, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado family that’s been trying to get its pet back from animal control officers says DNA tests show the dog is not a wolf hybrid.
Aurora Animal Control picked up the Abbato family pet last month after it escaped from the yard. Officials classified the animal, named Capone, as being part wolf and refused to return him to the family.
But Tracy Abbato told Denver station KDVR-TV that tests showed their pet doesn’t have any wolf in him.
The animal has been held for weeks and will have to wait at least a few days longer before going home. A court hearing in the case is scheduled for Wednesday.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
Information from: KDVR-TV, http://www.kdvr.com