LOS ANGELES (AP) — To a resume that includes romance-novel cover model and dashing beefcake actor, Fabio can now add U.S. citizen.
Fabio, real name Fabio Lanzoni, the long-locked blonde Italian who became a cultural phenomenon in the 1990s, became a naturalized American citizen on Wednesday.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said in a statement that Fabio was one of more than 6,000 people from more than 140 countries who took the Oath of Allegiance together at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Fabio said in the statement that it is one of the happiest days of his life and that United States is the greatest country on Earth.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
The 57-year-old appeared on the cover of countless romance novels and parlayed his popularity into appearances in many movies, TV shows and commercials.