LOS ANGELES (AP) — To a resume that includes romance-novel cover model and dashing beefcake actor, Fabio can now add U.S. citizen.
Fabio, real name Fabio Lanzoni, the long-locked blonde Italian who became a cultural phenomenon in the 1990s, became a naturalized American citizen on Wednesday.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said in a statement that Fabio was one of more than 6,000 people from more than 140 countries who took the Oath of Allegiance together at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Fabio said in the statement that it is one of the happiest days of his life and that United States is the greatest country on Earth.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
The 57-year-old appeared on the cover of countless romance novels and parlayed his popularity into appearances in many movies, TV shows and commercials.