PHOENIX (AP) — A former reality television star has been arrested in Phoenix for alleged vehicle theft and drug possession.
Phoenix police say 31-year-old Jacob Harris was released on his own recognizance Monday after his initial court appearance. He faces a May 5 status conference.
Harris was on Discovery channel’s “Deadliest Catch” series.
According to court documents, Harris traveled from Washington state to Arizona with a female companion and was staying at a Phoenix hotel.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
The unidentified woman called police Saturday to say Harris took her vehicle without her permission while she slept.
Harris was found at a gas station and told police he was getting breakfast for himself and the woman.
Police say a baggie of Xanax pills fell out of his pocket and Harris also had crystal methamphetamine in his possession.