An ex-girlfriend of the suspect in Saturday's mass shooting in Tucson says he was a lot different than when they dated six years ago when both were in high school.
An ex-girlfriend of the suspect in Saturday’s mass shooting in Tucson says he was a lot different than when they dated six years ago when both were in high school.
Kelsey Hawkes was interviewed Thursday on CBS’ “The Early Show” about Jared Loughner, whom she hasn’t spoken to in five years.
Hawkes says he was caring, sweet and kind when they went out, and she remembers his parents as being great.
She says she never saw any violent tendencies in Loughner.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
Most Read Stories
Hawkes says it was upsetting when she learned that he had been arrested for the shootings and she could only imagine what had been going on with him.
Loughner has been charged in federal court for killing a judge and another federal employee and attempting to kill Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and two others.