The executive director of the California-based environmentalist group Rainforest Action Network has died in a swimming accident at a beach near Mexico's Pacific coast resort of Puerto Vallarta.
The executive director of the California-based environmentalist group Rainforest Action Network has died in a swimming accident at a beach near Mexico’s Pacific coast resort of Puerto Vallarta.
The spokesman for Puerto Vallarta municipal police says Rebecca Tarbotton was swimming at a beach about a half hour north of Puerto Vallarta when she was caught by a wave and tossed around.
Spokesman Adan Leyva said Friday that paramedics tried to revive her after she was brought ashore, but she was dead by the time she reached the hospital.
The accident occurred Wednesday.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, playoffs hopes are back after they slam door on the Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
In a statement published on its website Friday, the San Francisco, California-based Rainforest Action Network says Tarbotton was 39. It says she was born in Vancouver, British Colombia.