A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.
A Dunkin’ Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.
Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.
The tech’s detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.
The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.