LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Cambridge says in a new video that she and Prince William want all children to get support during difficult times to help them overcome mental health challenges.
The content of the video was revealed Sunday to mark the start of Children’s Mental Health Week. The former Kate Middleton says in the video that the royal couple wants to help schools prioritize the mental well-being of their students as well as emphasizing academic success. She says that would allow every child to have a “firm foundation for the happy, healthy future they deserve.”
In the video she speaks to several children who have been helped by school programs for mental health.
Charity workers say Kate’s involvement is helping to remove the stigma from mental illness.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport