LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Cambridge says in a new video that she and Prince William want all children to get support during difficult times to help them overcome mental health challenges.
The content of the video was revealed Sunday to mark the start of Children’s Mental Health Week. The former Kate Middleton says in the video that the royal couple wants to help schools prioritize the mental well-being of their students as well as emphasizing academic success. She says that would allow every child to have a “firm foundation for the happy, healthy future they deserve.”
In the video she speaks to several children who have been helped by school programs for mental health.
Charity workers say Kate’s involvement is helping to remove the stigma from mental illness.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos sold out for UW speech; WSU event canceled due to weather
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.