LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Cambridge says in a new video that she and Prince William want all children to get support during difficult times to help them overcome mental health challenges.
The content of the video was revealed Sunday to mark the start of Children’s Mental Health Week. The former Kate Middleton says in the video that the royal couple wants to help schools prioritize the mental well-being of their students as well as emphasizing academic success. She says that would allow every child to have a “firm foundation for the happy, healthy future they deserve.”
In the video she speaks to several children who have been helped by school programs for mental health.
Charity workers say Kate’s involvement is helping to remove the stigma from mental illness.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson, Ciara reportedly moved wedding due to North Carolina's transgender bathroom law
- TV company stare down means fewer games for Seahawks fans | Inside Sports Business
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn't believe kids who reported body in pool
- Total solar eclipse, a year away, already creating buzz