NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s childhood home in New York City is set to be auctioned on the same day as the third and final presidential debate between the Republican presidential nominee and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
WABC-TV reports (http://7ny.tv/2ejAvWG ) the Queens home, which is listed on Trump’s birth certificate, will be auctioned on Wednesday at the Roosevelt Hotel in Midtown Manhattan. The opening bid for the property is $849,000. The TV station says the home is expected to fetch more than $1 million.
The five-bedroom Tudor has a fully furnished basement and a two-car garage. It had been listed in July for $1.65 million.
The owners have said they want to see what the property is worth.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
Auction participants must bring a bank or certified check for $90,000 to the auction.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com